Apple Pie Egg Rolls
Follow Us For More Recipes and Herb Education
Your List of Ingredients
• 2 tsp. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
• 3 cups peeled and chopped Fuji or Gala apples
• 2 packets natural no-calorie sweetener (like Stevia) OR 2 teaspoons of your favorite sweetener
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/8 tsp. salt
• 6 large square egg roll wrappers (stocked with the tofu in the refrigerated section of the market)
Optional topping: powdered sugar
Optional dip: fat-free vanilla yogurt
1. In a medium nonstick pot, combine cornstarch/ arrowroot powder with 1/2 cup
cold water. Stir to dissolve.
2. Add apples, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir well.
3. Set heat to medium. Stirring frequently, cook until apples have slightly softened
and mixture is thick and gooey, 8 - 10 minutes.
4. Transfer to a medium bowl. Let cool completely, about 1 hour
5. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick
6. Lay an egg roll wrapper flat on a dry surface. Evenly distribute 1 / 6th of the
apple mixture (about 1/3 cup) in a row a little below the center of the wrapper.
7. Moisten all four edges by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the
edges smoothly. Fold the sides about 3/ 4 inch toward the middle, to keep mixture
from falling out. Roll up the wrapper around the mixture and continue to the top.
Seal with a dab of water.
8. Place on the baking sheet, and repeat with remaining mixture and wrappers
9. Spray egg rolls with nonstick spray. Bake until golden brown, 25 - 30 minutes.